Wednesday, November 11, 2015

a conversation with God

me: I don't know what to do! I really need you to look after this. Please. Please show me how to deal with this.

God: You already asked me to handle this. Now you just need to be patient and let me do my work. Give me time - you'll see what I can do!

me (whining): I know, but can't you just give me some peace??

God: You don't have peace because you don't believe me. You don't believe that I can and will fix this situation.

me (thoroughly humbled): Forgive my unbelief!

Oh, it was so true! I didn't believe. And the moment I confessed that, the peace did come and all of the physical symptoms of anxiety that had been tearing up my insides dissipated. What Satan wants most is not for me to commit some terrible act of sin, but just to lose my faith - my hope in the Lover of my soul!

1 comment:

janelle said...

Love this. Love your words. Love our Lord. <3